With a fixed rate mortgage, your interest rate and payments will be consistent throughout the duration of your loan. You can rest assured knowing your interest rate won’t increase alongside market rates. You may also benefit from refinancing if market rates decrease.
You must have sufficient income and credit history to qualify for a fixed rate mortgage.
PROS AND CONS
- Interest rates are set and won’t change.
- Your monthly payment won’t change.
- You’ll be protected from rate increases.
- You may be able to refinance if market rates decrease.
- Your initial interest rate may be higher than an ARM.
- Your mortgage payments may be higher than an ARM.
- Your interest rate won’t automatically lower if market rates decrease.
How long you plan to live in the home is important. For example, if you’re planning to live in the home long-term, a fixed rate mortgage may be a better option.
But either way, contact us today to get pre-qualified. A CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc., doing business in the State of New York as CrossCountry Financing, licensed loan officer can help you to understand all your options and the expenses for which you will need to budget to purchase your next home.
Get Pre-Qualified Now