USDA Rural Home Loans
What is a USDA Rural Home Loan?
It’s a great way for rural homeowners to get up to 100% financing — and several other benefits — on a new home! Whether you’re looking to buy, build, repair, renovate, or even relocate a home, a USDA rural home loan from CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. can help you make your homeownership dreams come true.
What Are The Benefits?
A USDA rural home loan from CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. provides many benefits:
- You may qualify for up to 100% financing. The loan amount may not exceed 100% of the appraised value.
- No down payment is required.
- Your interest rate will be fixed, keeping your monthly payments consistent throughout the loan term.
- Closing costs can be paid by the seller or included in the loan.
- The program is not limited to first-time homebuyers.
- There is no maximum purchase price, though qualifying ratios and income will determine eligibility.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
To qualify for a USDA rural home loan, you must meet certain criteria as defined by the USDA:
- Applicants for loans may have an income of up to 115% of the median income for an area.
- In addition to area median income requirements, you must meet the income restrictions for your respective county.
- You must already be without adequate housing but be able to afford your mortgage payments, including insurance and taxes.
- You must have a reasonable credit history.
- Loans have a 30-year term.
Finding An Eligible Home
In addition to the personal eligibility requirements, the home you’re looking to finance must be located in a designated USDA rural area and be one of the following:
- An existing home
- New construction
- A modular home
- Planned unit development (PUD)
- An eligible condominium
- A new manufactured home
Certain home repairs and improvements may be included in the loan. Investment properties are not eligible.